The Transitions to Independence Fund was established to provide opportunities and supports to youth served by the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services who are transitioning out of care to living independently in the community.
Gift Cards we offer: Superstore, Sobeys, Walmart or other relevant gift cards.
Transitions to Independence grants are limited to a $250.00 gift card per youth or until funds are exhausted.
- Disadvantaged or at risk child/youth who is going to be living independently
- Under 26 years of age at time of first request
- Ongoing support for students in postsecondary education up to age 30
- Demonstrated financial need
- Strong recommendations from agency staff and approval by supervisor
- Clear indication of how the youth will benefit from the grant
A referral agent such as a social worker, SchoolsPlus Outreach worker, Public Health Nurse, or other relevant professional must complete all sections of the application and submit it to the fund manager. Applications cannot be accepted if they are submitted by a child/youth or family member/relative.
Please contact our Executive Director, Jane Boyd Landry, to receive an application form.
Jane Boyd Landry – Executive Director
Halifax Region Children’s Aid Foundation
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 803
Halifax, NS B3J 3J8
T: (902) 422-1316 ext. 4
F: (902) 422-4012